oof. november was not my best month, goals-wise. personal life-wise, it was awesome! i’ve been busy having fun with Amelia, both while Mister Man travels and while he’s here. even though it’s gotten (much) colder, we try to get outside every single day to play, and she has now shown a LOT more interest in coloring and playing pretend with her stuffed animals. our days are very full. it doesn’t leave too much time for goal achieving, but i tried my best!
first things first: november goals update
- finish the updates for the first year of amelia’s baby book. oh you guys. i tried so hard. this is still not done. why is it that the smallest things are so difficult for me to just finish up??
cook three new soup recipes. woop woop! i definitely got this done, and my freezer is very happy with me! you have seen one of the recipes i think, but i am saving a couple to post later this month. here’s a little preview: go to a movie. i’m counting this as done, even though i’m going to the movie today…i technically planned the movie outing in november, which when you count finding a babysitter and a free day, that’s good right? organize the basement catch-all closet. i have no idea how this got done. i apparently had a fit of organizing the other day and just went to town on this closet. i organized my craft supplies, Amelia’s craft supplies, and our wrapping paper/ribbon/bag/box situation. everything is labeled and all in one spot instead of hanging out all over the place. i’m very excited about this you guys.
- bonus: if i get motivated, run a 5K on the treadmill. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
- finish the updates for the first year of amelia’s baby book. i mean. if i fail again, can i just call this one impossible?
- make santa cookies. Christmas is coming and that means one thing for my dad’s family: grandma’s santa cookies! i’m the oldest granddaughter left in the state, so i’ve taken the responsibility for continuing the tradition since my grandma passed away. we’re still picking a date, because a lot of us are spread all over the country, and we want as many people there as possible, but this will definitely happen. DON’T WORRY FAMILY THERE WILL BE SANTA COOKIES!
- finish Christmas shopping. i really have to get this one done, don’t i? whatever, i’m throwing myself a bone here. if you’re still working on gifts, here is some inspiration for you.
- go to brunch with my family. Amelia has been hilarious during mealtimes lately, and she is such a hoot to share a meal with. plus, she is an amazing eater. so i want to take her out to brunch at our favorite neighborhood place, for one because we haven’t been there forever, and for two because i feel like she will really groove on it at her age.
- bonus: if i get motivated, run a 5K on the treadmill. we can try this one again. we’ll see what happens.
i threw myself a few softballs, but hey, it’s the holidays and i want to be free to enjoy my friends and family without too much hanging over my head. december is busy enough as it is…my calendar has writing all over it and i’m excited!