welcome to day 9 of #12daysofblogging! if you’re just joining us, you can find out more about the christmas linkup here. today’s prompt is “christmas wishlist”. get inspired and spread the christmas spirit! share your link below!
i really try to keep the meaning of christmas at the top of mind throughout the season. i give back where i can, i share moments with family and friends, and i give thanks to God for all that i have and pray for the presence of mind to do more for others that don’t have what i do.
and yet, i still like to get presents. and maybe everyone else who writes about their wishlist today will be more selfless than i and write about their wish for the simple things, and i will look like a crazy materialistic person. and that’s okay. but you know what? this is my space and i get to write about what i want to write about.
and i want to write about the little luxuries that i would love to unwrap on christmas morning. you see, we’re on a nice budget, Mister Man and i. so i don’t shop for myself during the year for the most part. since june, i’ve purchased exactly one item of clothing, and some replacement makeup from target. most purchases made over the last 6 months have been for the house (which i love!). but that means that any gift i receive that’s just for me feels like a luxury.
1) laura mercier face polish. this stuff makes your face feel as smooth as a newborn baby’s bottom. it’s amazing. it’s not too harsh but it still exfoliates the crap out of your skin. and the best part is that it doesn’t break me out. i tried this in a sample size a while ago, and i made that tiny bottle last for two years worth of business travel. imagine what i could do with a regular size bottle?
2) camera tripod. you may have noticed that i like to take pictures of the food i make. you may have also noticed that i live in the tundra, where it’s dark by 4:30pm. that makes taking good pictures in my kitchen very difficult. sure, i could only make food and take photos of that food in the mornings on the weekend, but let’s be honest, that’s just not going to happen all the time. so a tripod would come in real handy for when my shaky hands can’t handle the slow shutter speed needed for a bright photo.
3) caramel booties. these are mama z’s fault. she made me try them on in nordstrom. and they were so beautiful. and so caramel-y. i mean, who can resist boots like that when they are just begging to be worn with everything?? jeans, dresses, tights, leggings, winter, summer, i’m pretty sure i would never take these things off.
4) ice cream maker. okay. it’s winter and i know that i’m not supposed to be craving ice cream right now, but i can’t get ice cream makers out of my mind. i just have all these ideas for homemade flavors, and i feel like this summer i’m being called to make them a reality! maybe santa can find one on sale since we’re in the off season…
5) buffalo plaid shirt. (similar here.) because i don’t have any flannel shirts. and i think that’s a travesty. the one type of clothing my husband won’t let me borrow are his flannel shirts. sweaters, sure. t-shirts, go ahead. but the flannel is off limits for some reason. so i’m thinking i need my own. gotta embrace that inner hipster/lumberjack at some point.
i hope that whether you wish for world peace, ryan gosling, or a new car, you wake up happy on christmas morning, for all the right reasons.