here’s to doing a better job in december! i actually did a pretty good job this month! i 1000% failed with Amelia’s baby book, so you know, i’m nothing if i’m not consistent. welcome to everything with love, where you know i’ll always fail a tiny bit!
for the next month, there’s quite the variety in goals. some organization, some fitness, some that are good for the soul. i have a couple secret goals that i’m not quite ready to share here yet. they’re not really even goals, more like glimmers of an idea. i need to turn them around in my head a bit more before i decide if i’m going to pursue them. if and when i do, i’ll be sure to share them here.
first things first: december goals update
- finish the updates for the first year of amelia’s baby book. are any of you surprised that this isn’t done? good. that means you know me at my core and we can stay friends.
make santa cookies. this was such a fun time! we had four of us girls (five including amelia), and my brother even came to sample the cookiestake care of amelia. we cranked out 80 decorated cookies in 4 hours, and i think the dough this year may have been my best ever, if i do say so myself. the people who ate the cookies seemed to think so too, so i’ll take that!
finish Christmas shopping. you guys, i was done christmas shopping (presents wrapped, stockings stuffed, we’re talking D-O-N-E) by the week before christmas. i have never been more proud of myself. check and check. go to brunch with my family. we have a HUGE family brunch every year just after christmas with my dad’s family and my dad’s cousins and their families. think 75 people who are about as loud and just as talkative as me in the same room at a lovely restaurant for brunch. if they served bloodies and mimosas we would be there all day! so yes, i went to brunch with my family…my WHOLE family. bonus: if i get motivated, run a 5K on the treadmill. okay, so i’m going to count this as complete even though i didn’t actually run a 5K. instead i did start working out 2-3 times a week. i didn’t set one foot in a gym, but me and jillian michaels are rekindling our relationship. it’s gone well so far!
- finish the updates for the first year of amelia’s baby book. i just can’t remove it. i’ll keep it on here all year if i have to. i’m stubborn like that.
- continue to workout regularly. as i said above, i’ve been trying really hard to start fitting in a workout (jillian michaels, basic calisthenics, a trip to the gym) a few days a week, and want to continue the pattern. if i can start getting my butt out of bed on time, i can even fit one in at home before work and could up my number to 4-5 days a week. that would be cool. if anyone has recommendations for workout videos they really like, let me know, i’d love to find some new ones!
- pay it forward. i don’t know what exactly i want to do to pay it forward yet. it might be giving to a new charity, it might be buying coffee for someone, it might be taking dinner to someone who needs it. i want to be thinking of ways to take care of people like people have taken care of me in my life so far, no matter how small something may seem.
- do some research into bullet journaling. i keep coming back to this idea of bullet journaling. i don’t know if it’s because of all this talk of living with intention, but i feel like bullet journaling would kill two birds with one stone. it would be a way to keep my life organized, but also be a place to record my thoughts and my memories. starting to do some mega research into it.
- bake some bread. i got a bread maker from my mother-in-law for christmas, and i also recently borrowed a book about artisan bread from my boss, so i need to get my butt in the kitchen and bake some bread! i think i’m going to try one breadmaker loaf and one artisan loaf and see what happens.
i’m hoping that with my desire to live intentionally this year, my goals for each month will get done, and they’ll continue to be thoughtful and hopefully fun!